Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 15-dc1004nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This started happening not long ago on my gaming laptop which I bought it 2 months ago. The problem is that when I start my laptop, the loading screen with Omen’s logo won’t load and it is freezing basically. This doesn’t happen everytime though, only sometimes. Here is a picture with how it looks like. 

2E0A5F18-B453-4BE1-B8BD-46F76BD9116E.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Oh OK on the 10 Pro version and you already have the stick installer you made previously.

Yes you can simply use that again if you wish, or if it was made several months ago, you could also remake it again with the MS Media Creation Tool (recommended). A newer one will have more of the latest up dates on it, but either way works🙂

Since you have it made already (or know how to make a new one), do the same thing you did before.

BUT... This time when it loads, it will give you the option to do a Custom install. Choose the Custom Install. It will give you the option to delete the partitions. Delete ALL the partitions you see, then let Windows proceed with what it does.

A custom clean install is MUCH better that trying to do a recovery in your case, so don't bother with that.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @VictorMihai12 

Lets start with the easiest fix first, a hard reset.

This will drain the left over power in the capacitors and usually fixes a hung startup.

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
  3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
  4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
  5. Press and hold the Power button for 20 seconds to reset.
  6. Plug the AC adapter back into the laptop computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
  7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer. The computer will start normally or a startup menu might open. Simply choose to start Windows normally.

Let me know if that worked.

HP Recommended

I will try this soon. Is my problem a bad thing? Is it normal to happen this? If it doesn’t work, what else should I do that will fix it? As I said, it happens just one time per week or so.

HP Recommended

I don't know what the issue is. Give the hard reset a try and see if it helps. If not, there are a few other things we can try that may or may not help also.

There is also the UEFI Diagnostics tool that might find a hardware issue if you have one.

With the laptop turned off, press the power button and spam the f2 key until the diagnostics menu starts up.

Go to extensive tests and run the test for everything. Have the power cord plugged in also.

It might take a few hours to complete.

HP Recommended

What if I do a restore on my windows? Is it gonna help like reinstalling windows? And how can I do this restore and will my windows license still be activated or I need to activate it again?

HP Recommended

You wont need an activation key. When you install Windows 10 Home 64bit, it will activate itself when it connects to the internet to update.  Im working at the moment, so I will gladly post a tutorial a little later today. Thanks

HP Recommended

Alright then. I use Windows 10 Pro at the moment on my laptop though. I want to know if it’s better to do a system restore or a clean windows install. Please help me and tell me how I can do both so I know. What I have to do for system restore? For windows I already have an USB stick which has Windows prepared on it. Do I just overwrite the new windows? Like I don’t have to delete the old windows or anything, I just put the stick in and I go through the Operating System install process again?

HP Recommended

Oh OK on the 10 Pro version and you already have the stick installer you made previously.

Yes you can simply use that again if you wish, or if it was made several months ago, you could also remake it again with the MS Media Creation Tool (recommended). A newer one will have more of the latest up dates on it, but either way works🙂

Since you have it made already (or know how to make a new one), do the same thing you did before.

BUT... This time when it loads, it will give you the option to do a Custom install. Choose the Custom Install. It will give you the option to delete the partitions. Delete ALL the partitions you see, then let Windows proceed with what it does.

A custom clean install is MUCH better that trying to do a recovery in your case, so don't bother with that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.