Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the 7DW16EA#A2N Omen gaming laptop with RTX 2060, I7 9705H AND 16GB RAM. I could run all games on high with 100+ fps, but today when i tried to play some games i was getting 20 fps. I tried getting the geforce update but that only gave me around 70 fps average. I have made no changes to any settings, i just booted it up to play and found this today.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello again @Lonecarcass 

Your full model number incidentally is 15-dh0000nx.

Your are running on full power with the power cord plugged in, correct?

If so, my first thought when you say it suddenly happened today was perhaps a Windows update. Its been known to happen before.

I would see if you have restore points enabled (if you don't, you will want to enable them for future issues).

If so, revert the system back prior to the update that occurred the last day or two, or when ever you last played and it was good. So its going to be further back than just when you updated the graphics driver, since it happened before that.

Tip: You can open Updates and Security to see when the last Windows updates were installed.

System Restore Points (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support

If that doesn't help, you could run the UEFI diagnostics and see if it reports anything with the hardware.

Spam the F2 key at startup to open the diagnostics menu. Run the Extensive tests for everything. Make sure the power cord is plugged in.

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c03467259

Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

I tried to restore it to previous versions but it didnt work. I went through all my drivers, checked updates. I launched some games today and it was working fine, i was going through what might have caused it. Turns out my Graphics drivers updated today morning. It didnt let me manually update them even though it showed the option.

HP Recommended

Ok thanks for letting me know. Glad its working and not something more serious.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.