Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 (2P6B3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop EC-2021nr with a Ryzen 5 5600H and GTX 1650 that has a tpm issue. Windows Device security does not recognize a security processor. The tpm  is seen in the bios as available and enabled. It is seen in device manager under Security Devices as an AMD PSP 10.0 Device, it says that it is working properly. I have seen people having this issue here on the previous models of this laptop with Ryzen 5 3550H processors. I have most of the ideas in those threads without success. My bios is F23. It is updated with the latest on the HP site. I have cleared the tpm, also restored security settings to factory in the bios. This seems to be an issue with these machines, and one that doesn't seem to have a solution. Any and all help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Well, I found in another thread about tpm issues on this site someone suggesting to try whynot11 on github. I downloaded and ran it, and it says I have a 2,0 tpm, while PC health Check, and running tpm.msc report that I do not have 2.0 tpm.

PC Health Check

sham63_1-1680015451979.jpeg

Device manager

sham63_0-1680015704917.jpeg

HP Recommended

@sham63 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting TPM issues on your notebook, I am glad to assist you.

1. Open the Windows Defender Security Center app.
  2. Select Device security.
  3. Select Security processor details.
  4. Select Security processor troubleshooting.
  5. Select Clear TPM. You'll be prompted to restart the computer.

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The tpm does not show in device security so I am unable to clear it, but it shows as working properly in device manager. The driver version is 5.18.0.0. It is also available and enabled in the bios. I am attaching some screenshots to show this.

sham63_0-1680100512477.jpeg

Bios version

\sham63_1-1680100547230.jpeg

tpm settings

sham63_2-1680100617314.jpeg

HP Recommended

@sham63 

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue, I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.