Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-08-2021 10:30 PM
I dont know when this issue started because I use a wireless usb mouse most of the time but when I unplug the mouse my touchpad does not work. It does however function if the "Leave touchpad on while mouse is connected" option is checked which makes no sense to me. Never had a problem with that option having to be checked before. I have tried uninstalling the usb mouse from device manager, but i could not locate the touchpad in device manager to check for driver updates. No recent updates that I am aware of that would have caused this issue. I googled it but the other people having this problem either turned off the touchpad in settings or the touchpad does not work regardless of specified options selected. I also tried resetting the touchpad with no luck.
05-12-2021 09:02 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community