Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck2000 (70X02AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Help me about touchpad please. It doesn’t work especially left side. Also sometimes pc doesn’t work normal its like crashed and constantly lockdown 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @sadiegeozdemir,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing issues with the touchpad on your OMEN 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop and the system is occasionally crashing or locking up, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problems. Here's a guide to help you.

Touchpad Not Working.

1. Check Touchpad Settings:

• Make sure the touchpad is enabled in the laptop settings. You can usually find this in the control panel or settings menu.
  2. Update Drivers:

• Ensure that your touchpad drivers are up to date. You can do this through the device manager or by visiting HP website for the latest drivers.
  3. Function Key:

• Some laptops have a function key combination that can disable the touchpad. Check your laptop's user manual to see if there's a key combination for this and try toggling it.
  4. External Devices:

• If you have an external mouse connected, disconnect it to ensure it's not causing conflicts with the touchpad.
  5. Restart the Laptop:

• Sometimes a simple restart can resolve temporary issues. Restart your laptop and see if the touchpad starts working again.
  6. System Restore:

• If the issue started recently, you might consider using System Restore to revert your system to a point before the problem occurred.

System Crashing or Locking Up.

1. Update Operating System:

• Make sure your operating system is up to date with the latest updates and patches.
  2. Check for Malware:

• Run a full system scan with your antivirus software to check for any malware or viruses that may be causing system instability.
  3. Check for Overheating:

• Gaming laptops can sometimes overheat, leading to performance issues. Ensure that the cooling system is working properly, and consider using a cooling pad.
  4. Review Recent Changes:

• If the issues started after installing new software or updates, consider uninstalling or rolling back those changes to see if it resolves the problem.
  5. Event Viewer:

• Check the Windows Event Viewer for any error messages or warnings that might provide information about the cause of the crashes.
  6. Memory and Storage Check:

• Run built-in diagnostic tools to check the health of your laptop's memory (RAM) and storage drive.
  7. Reset Windows:

• If all else fails, consider resetting Windows to its default state. Backup your important data before doing this.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi 

for anyone with the touchpad problem, the FIX is disabling the INTEL integrated graphics and running on NVIDIA gpu only.  I was thinking of sending this Laptop in for service, but im happy ive found what looks like a permanent solution. So weird that HP has not found this same solution.

In case anyone is down this rabbit hole in the years to come. Im still testing but its possible that turning off some settings in NVIDIA and disabling intel graphics, and reducing to 1080p has greatly improved things. I really think the touchpad freezing is due to its interaction with the screen/GPU.

Im testing over the next few weeks to see which settings i can turn back on such as 1440p native res.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.