Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I've recently purchsaed a HP Omen laptop and am trying to connect the laptop to my Android device. However, it says that it is unable to connect to the host PC. When I looked at the settings of the app, it says that the laptop is offline and I do not know how to solve this.

P.S: I am connected to the same network on both the devices

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

First, you need to update your new Omen laptop.

Go to Windows Updates and click on the Check for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date.

If updates are already pending, install them, reboot and go back and click the button again to force it to search.

I assume you are signed in to the Omen Command Center on both devices and it lets you in without issues?

Make sure the OCC app is current in the Android device also.

Also make sure on the laptop that the OCC is enabled.

Go to Services from the windows search bar.

Scroll down to HP Omen HSA Services and make sure its set to Running - Automatic.

When you connect the Command Centers, connect from the PC, not the android. Does that help any?

HP Recommended

Ok, I've just tried this and it still doesn't work. When I attempt to Launch as remote desktop on my Android device, it says "Unable to find host OMEN PC". Additionally, in the settings it says that my laptop is Offline even though it is online.

HP Recommended

OK, I just installed it on my Android phone and could not replicate your issue. It immediately connected to my Host when launched. I'm guessing you have a permissions issue with your network.

Are you sure you're phone is connected via WiFi and not Mobile?

Otherwise I have no idea what is happening. I'm sorry.

Edit, what is the specific Omen laptop you are using (Product number)?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.