3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Under-Warranty RAM Upgrade

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15 EC-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I just purchased this HP Gaming Notebook about 2 months ago. As configured - R5 4600H, GTX 1650, 8GB 3200MHz RAM, 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD.
I previously also had a Gaming Laptop with 8GB RAM and it died now under unfortunate circumstances. So  it is an easy upgrade to get Dual-Channel 16GB, but as I said my HP Laptop is brand new and under warranty. Will it void my Warranty to open up the Laptop and install the extra 8GB, considering there is no "Warranty Void if Torn" sticker? Also considering HP hasn't been shying away from allowing users to open the Laptop in some cases

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,310 119,423 20,750 31,844
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since this is a peer to peer forum, we cannot reply on behalf of HP regarding specific warranty terms and conditions.

If you look at chapter 5 of the service manual, it shows that replacing the memory, hard drive, and a few other components are authorized customer actions.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06446633

Bear in mind that if you break something during the process of doing any work inside the notebook, you will most likely void the warranty.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since this is a peer to peer forum, we cannot reply on behalf of HP regarding specific warranty terms and conditions.

If you look at chapter 5 of the service manual, it shows that replacing the memory, hard drive, and a few other components are authorized customer actions.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06446633

Bear in mind that if you break something during the process of doing any work inside the notebook, you will most likely void the warranty.

View solution in original post

NikhilPaleti
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, thanks for this, I could check it out that User-Repair is not supported in my country under warranty, so mine would be void

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation