Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-CX0053NS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I'm interested in buying HP Pavilion Gaming 15-CX0053NS  it comes with an i5 8300H,8GB RAM and an Nvidia GTX 1050ti GPU. My question is, can I upgrade this GPU to a GTX 1060 Max Q in the future if I want-need to? 

I read an article (https://store.hp.com/app/tech-takes/best-hp-gaming-laptop-brands)  and it says that the GTX 1050 2GB model can be swapped out "The graphics card is not integrated, so you can easily swap it out in the future" . Is it true? and can I do it in this model of laptop I wanna buy?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That's a new one on me. Let me do some contacting with HP and see what the deal is.

As far as I know, the heatsink would not work with such an upgrade, they are different part numbers. I find no other documentation stating such an upgrade would work.

I don't know when I will hear something, give me some time to reach someone.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Ok thank you very much 

HP Recommended

It doesn't necessarily need to be a Max Q version of the GTX 1060, I just don't know if there is pavilion that comes with a regular 1060.

HP Recommended

I think they come as Max Q but wouldnt matter.Heatsink is different for all of them.

HP Recommended

OK @MichaelMcKillar  I got the official word from HP regarding the upgradable GPU article in that link you sent.

Seems the author was confused about how it worked and made an error in commenting.

HP is going to fix the article asap. So no removable graphics, as per any of the HP consumer models.

Thanks for asking about it. Thats one I had never seen before. :LaughingTears:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.