Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I want to upgrade the RAM memory of my OMEN Laptop - 15-dh1013na. Based on the product specifications

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/omen-15-dh1000-laptop-pc-series/32827277/model/34926222/documen... 

the model currently has installed 16 (2x8) GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM and the maximum amount is 32GB (2x16GB).

The questions i want to answer in order to decide which one to buy are:

1. What happens if i buy a faster memory, will it work by default @2.933MHz and is there an option to overclock to leverage the faster speed or does the motherboard not support that?

2. Based on the system requirements the current memory is @1.2V, most of the options to buy require 1.35V will this be an issue ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,

Alex 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Dear @AlexGr21 

2933 frequency is not sold, you should always install a 1.2 volt DDR4-3200 memory, then the memory BUS will downgrade the frequency to 2933 to make it compatible.

1.35 volt not supported by your laptop.

HP Recommended

Hi @Resistencia,

Thanks for the response. Will look for a 3200MHz @1.2V then. Regarding the frequency is there an option to change it through BIOS to 320MHz? Is it supported by the laptop?

HP Recommended

not  option in the BIOS to change the frequency, this laptop by the processor works at the frequency of 2933, but as these frequencies are not sold you must put a 3200, and the memory BUS will downgrade the frequency to 2933 and so it is compatible.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the clarification.

HP Recommended

you are Welcome !!

I hope everything is clear and solved, buy with confidence a DDR4-3200.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.