9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Using Laptop with an External Monitor

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-cb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've attached a monitor to my laptop.  Sometimes I want to use just the external monitor; therefore I close the lid on my laptop  which in turn blanks the external monitor.  What settings do I use to close the laptop lid without affecting the monitor?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,786 92,664 11,997 25,578
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tonywilk 

I'm actually using external monitors on all my machines (4 of them are in front of me right now) and  always use external monitor as main and only display. Machines will be smart enough to switch to its screen when NO external monitor attached.

Note: I also select option: Do nothing when close the lid.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,786 92,664 11,997 25,578
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tonywilk 

I'm actually using external monitors on all my machines (4 of them are in front of me right now) and  always use external monitor as main and only display. Machines will be smart enough to switch to its screen when NO external monitor attached.

Note: I also select option: Do nothing when close the lid.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

tonywilk
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Setting up the external monitor wasn't the problem.  It was the "do nothing" when closing the Laptop.  I found the process on-line.  

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation