Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 15- u010dx 360 PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I wanted a VR headset for quite some time, and I don't know if my computer has enough to handle it. Just in case I don't have to go through the trouble of buying a new computer, I've been trying to find out. However, the requirements for my two choices( the HTC vive and the oculus rift ) don't seem to match up with what my computer says it has. Quite frankly, all these different numbers for the cpu and gpu are very confusing. I know I have enough RAM, and have the correct amount and gen of USB ports for both of them. I would like to know if my can computer can handle either of them, and smoothly. I know its alot to ask and this isint the place to ask it, but i need some people that know what all these statistics mean. I have an HP envy 15 360 convertible PC. it runs on Windows 8.1 i think
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Yeah, 8.1
HP Recommended

Hello @Mipp,

Yeah, "system requirements" are usually a bit inaccurate and overshoot or exaggerate. Minimum system requirements are sometimes way too low and consumers shouldn't be expecting to play on the "minimum" hardware specifications.

Unfortunately, I've reviewed your laptop's specs and it won't run VR well, most likely not even at an acceptable/usuable level.

The OS platform of Windows 8.1 should work but 10 is ultimately recommended. 

Your processor is a 1.7GHz 4th generation Intel Core i5-4210U Processor which means it is an ultra-low power processor. VR usually requires a much more high performance processor. 

Furthermore, your system utilizes integrated graphics and VR must use high performance discrete graphics. 

You usually need to invest a good amount of money for a VR capable laptop - usually associated with gaming laptops. This may help: https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/360989/the-best-laptops-for-vr

Best regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended
Whoops, pressed the wrong button there. Thank you so much, eddy. Ill make sure to check it out
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.