Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-19-2023 01:36 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
If your HP laptop is making a whining noise, there could be several reasons for it. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.
- Check for any loose or damaged components: A whining noise can often be caused by loose or damaged components inside your laptop. Open up your laptop and check for any loose screws, cables, or other components that might be making the noise.
- Check the fans: Overheating can cause the fans to work harder, resulting in a whining noise. Use temperature monitoring software to see if the fans are running faster than normal. If they are, clean the fans and vents to remove any dust or debris that might be causing the noise.
- Update your drivers: Outdated or corrupted drivers can also cause your laptop to make strange noises. Check for any available updates for your sound and graphics drivers and install them.
- Disable unnecessary background processes: Sometimes, unnecessary background processes can cause your laptop to make strange noises. Use the task manager to check for any processes that are using too much CPU and disable them.
- Use a diagnostic tool: Some laptops come with diagnostic tools that can help you identify and fix any issues. Check your laptop's documentation to see if there is a diagnostic tool available and run it to check for any issues.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community