Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0001ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am having an issue with videos freezing while I am running in extended desktop. It work as long as I keep the page windowed but as soon as I full screen the video or snap the page to full the video will freeze but the audio continues.  It works fine in extended mode if i keep the video on the laptop screen and it works fine if I only run on the second monitor. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fureth

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Right-click anywhere on the desktop, and then click Display settings (Windows 10) or Screen Resolution (Windows 8).

2. Make sure the correct number of monitors displays.

Windows 10

Windows 8

Selecting screen resolution, display,  and orientation

• If all of your monitors display, continue with these steps.

NOTE: Two monitors might display as one, with 1|2 in the center, indicating the same screen duplicated on two monitors. To change to an extended desktop display, continue with these steps.
    • If not all of your monitors display, make sure the cables are securely inserted, and then click Detect.

3. Scroll down to Multiple displays, if necessary, click the drop-down menu, and then select a display option.

To set up a wireless monitor, click Connect to a wireless display.

If you cannot change the display options, go to the section to Configure the display with the graphics driver.

4. Adjust the screen resolution and orientation, as necessary.

5. Extended desktop only: Match the monitors on the display to how they are physically positioned. To identify the monitors, click Identify. Numbers display on the monitors to help you arrange them.

6. Windows 10: Click Keep changes, if necessary, to save the new display settings.

Windows 8: Click Apply, and then click OK.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, the connections are correct and the displays properly identify as 1 and 2 (1 being the main laptop screen and 2 being the extended monitor ). Both screens are set to 1920x1080.

The problem seems to happen when I am displaying a YouTube video in chrome while the window is open on screen 2 (the extending desktop), as long as I dont full screen the window or the video player itself the video plays fine, as soon as full screen the video on the extended desktop the video freezes on screen but the sound continues. 

If I play the video on the screen 1 in windowed or full screen mode it works fine and I can continue to work on screen 2 while the video is playing.

It should be able to work the other way around without issues as well. 

HP Recommended

@Fureth

Thank you for posting back.

This sounds like compatibility related issue with external monitor, however we can try updating the system graphic and chipset drivers in order to isolate the issue. 

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also you can try opening YouTube videos on different browser such as Opera browser or Internet Explorer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.