Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1039nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop 8 months ago and now my HP app tells me that my battery should be replaced (bought it in romania from PC Garage). Now I asked the comany I bought it from to replace my battery because I got warranty. They came back with a response and told me that my battery isnt covered anymore by my warranty. I looked on the hp app and it tells me that I have warranty+care pack until almost 2024 and it says that no matter what the problem is, my warranty will cover it. Now the problem is that I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @ElNicu 

HP Care Pack Service includes:
See -> HP One Time Battery Replacement Service

Quote: "

HP One Time Battery Replacement Service offers a convenient method for replacing out-of-warranty batteries. Under this service, one (1) replacement battery will be provided if the originally purchased battery drops below 50% charge capacity during normal use or if a cell failure has occurred before the 50% limit is reached. This service includes the replacement battery, standard ground shipping and environmentally responsible disposition of the battery.

"

Option (1) Contact PC Garage. They should contact HP service to handle warranty case.

Option (2) Contact HP Support

In all cases, proof of purchase (invoice incl. Care Pack) must be available and valid. Product number (p/n), serial number (s/n) should be given if required.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I dont know if this helps you but my battery just repaired overnight somehow. I just left my laptop alone and after 2 weeks of no battery, it showed me that it is at 100 percentage and it seems to work again. My guess is that the drivers were faulty or something and the pc just solved it. What is your guess?

HP Recommended

Hello @ElNicu 

Please check your hardware (focus on power and battery test).

(1) Perform  < all > tests

Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04499777

See how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM

(2) Please report your results

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
HP Recommended

Battery check: Primary - OK (0)

Primary: Logic state - OK (0), Charge state - OK (0)

AC Adapter Test - PASSED

Pass ID : 21857-86310-64754

HP Recommended

Hello @ElNicu 

@ElNicu wrote:

Battery check: Primary - OK (0)

Primary: Logic state - OK (0), Charge state - OK (0)

AC Adapter Test - PASSED

Pass ID : 21857-86310-64754

That's good.

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.25 Rev.A11.6 MBOct 21, 2021Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2Reboot

(3) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !

(4) You're done

(5Please report your results

HP Recommended

I just updated the bios and I think it's working fine.

HP Recommended

Hello @ElNicu 

Use the battery from time to time and let it discharge to 30% capacity then charge it again. Do not leave the battery permanently at 100% capacity when the charger is connected.

Observe the behavior of the battery for a few weeks. If it stays like this we can close the case. Report back then.

Good luck

HP Recommended

The thing is that after I installed your bios version, everything worked just fine. A few days ago I got a notification from the HP Support Assistant app telling me to update my bios. I did that and today I got the replace notification on my battery tab. I was a bit angry and scared but then I remembered that u gave me a bios version so I decided to install the one u gave me and now the battery works just fine. Im done getting updates from the HP Support Assistant app. Thank you for your patience!

HP Recommended

Hello @ElNicu 

Nothing new ...

New BIOS F.27 Rev.A
Fixes:
- Provides enhanced security

Please < calibrate > your battery ...

(1) Open windows <device manager> and uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

- Click "Uninstall device"

- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification

ub6424_0-1662078157992.png

(2Shutdown notebook

(3Disconnect charger

(4Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds

(5Connect charger and wait until battery is fully charged ( check LED indicator )

(6Start notebook and log in to windows and wait a few minutes

(7Shutdown notebook

(8) Test your <battery> Using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04499777

See how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM

(9Please report your results

Good luck

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.