Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A2AV)

H8_10_M_0-1714194746599.png

I am using HP Victus model laptop and I face issue in using the built-in camera of the laptop. I tried looking at the device manager but couldn't find the camera driver.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @H8_10_M,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be an issue with the camera driver or the camera hardware itself. Here are some steps you can try to rectify the problem.

Check for physical camera switch: Some laptops have physical switches or buttons to enable or disable the camera. Make sure it's turned on.

Restart your laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve software issues.

Update camera driver: Even though you couldn't find the camera driver in Device Manager, you can try updating the driver software. You can do this by:

• Going to the HP website and searching for drivers for your specific laptop model.
  • Downloading and installing the latest camera driver available for your laptop model.

Check Windows Update: Windows Update sometimes delivers driver updates. Make sure your system is up to date.

Scan for hardware changes in Device Manager: Sometimes, the camera might not appear in Device Manager until you scan for hardware changes. To do this:

• Open Device Manager (you can search for it in the Start menu).
  • Click on "Action" in the menu bar.
  • Select "Scan for hardware changes".

Run hardware troubleshooter: Windows has built-in troubleshooting tools that can help identify and fix hardware issues. You can try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Open Settings.
  • Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
  • Select "Hardware and Devices" and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Check BIOS settings: Sometimes, the camera might be disabled in the BIOS settings. Restart your laptop and enter the BIOS settings (usually by pressing a key like F2 or Del during startup), then look for any camera-related settings and make sure they are enabled.

Reset Windows: As a last resort, you can try resetting Windows to its default settings. This will reinstall Windows but keep your personal files intact. You can find this option in Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.