Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0651nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My webcam almost never works. It falters a lot or has some sort of white lines whenever I'm calling someone, this pairs with freezing a lot as you can see in the picture down below :

Bartje3s_0-1647445148223.png

After it freezes it doesn't work at all and gives some sort of a black screen.

Now I have to reboot my laptop and try again If I need to call someone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have some ideas try them : 

try to use this and try to play with settings maybe it can make the webcam better 

try to make the frequency of webcam 50 hz . and try change settings look if this will help your problems.

or try to reinstall the drives

Screenshot_1.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just buy another webcam the webcams are very bad 😞 in these gaming laptops my webcam same **bleep** but have like waves going up even my laptop new 🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕

HP Recommended

I have some ideas try them : 

try to use this and try to play with settings maybe it can make the webcam better 

try to make the frequency of webcam 50 hz . and try change settings look if this will help your problems.

or try to reinstall the drives

Screenshot_1.png

HP Recommended

Where can I find those options?

HP Recommended

go to skype and settings go  webcam and look for webcam settings or proprietes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.