Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15-dc0029np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,  i want to upgrade my RAM. I have this type of RAM that came with my pc already HMA81GS6JJR8N-VK - SK Hynix 1x 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM PC4-21300V-S Single Rank x8 Module, i know that i should not mix 2 types of ram but in my countrie i cant find the same exact type of RAM i only can send over the exact one but i need to pay extra 22€ in shipping.

I have in my mind 2 types of RAM that are the same the only thing that is different is the brands the 2 RAMS are: RAM DDR4 CRUCIAL CT8G4SFS8266 (1 x 8 GB) - 2666 MHz and RAM SO-DIMM Kingston ValueRAM 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4-2666MHz CL19.

Both are CL19, 2666mhz 1.2V and SODIMM, just like the one that came with the pc.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend you go with the 8 GB Crucial memory. 

Their report for your model indicates the CT8G4SFS8266 memory chip is compatible.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | hp omen 15 | HP OMEN 15-dc0029np | Crucial IN

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.