Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 (343L4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought a HP Omen 16 (16-c0012dx), it came with Windows 11 preinstalled, but for some reasons i installed Ubuntu 22.04, it had a driver issue with a second monitor, so i decided to return Windows 11.

Dunring installation Windows 11 doesn't recognize the SSD Nvme disk, show me the following message:

A media driver your computer needs is missing.

What can i do?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to create a bootable USB recovery drive with the HP cloud recovery tool that will reinstall W11, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

You'll need to use another PC running W7 64 bit or newer and a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media with.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

I checked the product number of your notebook, and it does indicate that your notebook is supported by this utility...

HP Recommended

I'll try your solution Paul_Tikkanen, thanks.

HP Recommended

I just want to add more information: I installed Ubuntu 22.04 LTS in the entire disk (no partitions) and LVM for full disk encryption.

I know the disk is a Samsung SSD Nvme: SAMSUNG MZVLB1T0HBLR-000H1 (HPS0NEXF), but if i find the drivers in the Samsung official page there are only .exe intallers, for Windows when is installed already.

I used Gparted Live and erase all partitions, create a new one with NTFS format, but even with this the disk is not recognized.

HP Recommended

When i enter the product id in the HP Cloud Recovery Tool says: Not available

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Did you enter the full product number as shown in my screenshot?

That is the product number I got for your notebook from the specs...

OMEN by HP Laptop 16-c0012dx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

4Q8Y0UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Yes, you are right, i typed wrong the product ID, now works.

I cannot download the application in the Windows Store, because gave me this message:

NoelGaldamez_0-1664490725819.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the utility below.

You will need to run it from another PC running W7 64 bit or newer.

After you install it, remember to right click on the program file and select 'Run as administrator.'

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, but it was my fault because i was trying to install the application in a 32 bit virtual machine from the Windows Store, i tried in a 64 bit and worked.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Hopefully, you will be able to install Windows on your notebook with the installation media the utility creates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.