Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V9A0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I purchased HP Victus 16 on May 24, 2022 with a 2 years warranty and check for warranty date, and saw my unit warranty will expire on February 11, 2024 which not correct to my date of purchased. And also checked on my MyHP software, and I saw the the start date of my laptop is February 10, 2022. Why is that? I bought my Victus in a brand new state, how can I change the expiration date of my warranty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP starts the warranty clock ticking the minute your PC leaves the assembly plant.

So, the longer period of time that has elapsed since the day the PC left the plant, and the time you bought it, that is the time gone from the warranty.

You can have the warranty start and end dates adjusted by:

Submitting an online warranty dispute form.

HP PCs, printers - Dispute a warranty status | HP® Customer Support

or:

Contact HP support and ask a customer service rep to help you get the warranty start and end dates adjusted.

Contact HP | HP® Official Site

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP starts the warranty clock ticking the minute your PC leaves the assembly plant.

So, the longer period of time that has elapsed since the day the PC left the plant, and the time you bought it, that is the time gone from the warranty.

You can have the warranty start and end dates adjusted by:

Submitting an online warranty dispute form.

HP PCs, printers - Dispute a warranty status | HP® Customer Support

or:

Contact HP support and ask a customer service rep to help you get the warranty start and end dates adjusted.

Contact HP | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

@Rafael_James 

On some machines, warranty starts when you register machine with HP, for example

warranty 840.png

In my case, HP gave me 38months, not 3 years (36months) as shown above.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi sir. May I ask po if you were able to dispute this? If yes, how were you able to do so? I am currently having a hard time disputing mine. Got my unit from PC Central.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.