Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-20-2023 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
Let me check your basic system configuration before we focus on the <battery> ...
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:
( equals HP product number (p/n) )
(2) Please report back
01-21-2023 02:28 AM
|Please < calibrate > your battery ...|
(1) Open windows <device manager> and uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"
- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"
- Click "Uninstall device"
- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification
(2) Shutdown notebook
(3) Disconnect charger
(4) Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds
(5) Connect charger and wait until battery is fully charged
( check LED indicator )
(6) Start notebook and log in to windows and wait a few minutes
(7) Reboot notebook
(8) Please report back
01-21-2023 01:08 PM - edited 01-21-2023 01:08 PM
Before we decide whether you need a <new battery> or not ...
(1) Download and install
HP Support Assistant
Sep 30, 2022
(2) Start <HP Support Assistant>
- Run <Battery Check>
- Click on <Show advanced information>
--->>> Send screenshot
(3) Please report your results
( if serial number and CT Number are displayed, please blur )
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community