Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

gaming while charging laptop

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CS3073CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I bought Pavilion 15-CS3073Cl a week ago, and I love this laptop. But a problem is that when I play League of Legends, I can only play for a bit more than an hour, even when the laptop is fully charged. 

I have seen a lot of post that said it is ok to play game while charging up. Is it really ok? Will it affect my battery on a long term run?

Also, can I remove the battery from the laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,832 92,709 12,006 25,593
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Huy_Nguyen 

To get full performance when gaming, you need to use Main (AC). Running on battery alone will kill battery sooner because you need to charge battery more and the life of battery will be shorter when charging cycles go up.

You can remove battery and run on AC only, but the down side is when suddenly loosing power your machine may face unpredictable damages.

Please use the following guide to keep battery healthy

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c01297640

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,832 92,709 12,006 25,593
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Huy_Nguyen 

To get full performance when gaming, you need to use Main (AC). Running on battery alone will kill battery sooner because you need to charge battery more and the life of battery will be shorter when charging cycles go up.

You can remove battery and run on AC only, but the down side is when suddenly loosing power your machine may face unpredictable damages.

Please use the following guide to keep battery healthy

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c01297640

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Huy_Nguyen
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

I have one more question: Is it ok for me to keep my laptop plugged in when I use it, and remove the AC when I don't use it?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation