Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, 

I bought a brand new HP OMEN | 15-EN0023DX/Gaming 15.6" Laptop | AMD Ryzen 7/4800H | 16GB DDR4 3200/MHz | 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti . I however seem to be having an issue with the command center showing me cpu/gpu temps of 100+ F  or higher.  The computer is warm to the touch, but not on fire so I suspect perhaps the command center is giving me inaccurate readings. However, I cannot figure out how to fix this. No amount of googling has shown me a solution. Can someone please provide a solution .  see attached picture for reference 

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, the system temperature is depending on system loading, ambient temperature, thermal module performance, and more factors.

So if consider the CPU temperature is high, need to check if system is running some programs in background, like Windows update, how about the ambient temperature. Actually in OMEN Gaming Hub, there is color to mark for the system temperature, if it is green, that's fine, no problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.