Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 DC0051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to upgrade my HP Owen 15 DC0051nr from 256GB SSD M.2 (Operational System) to 1TB SSD M.2 Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 (both same version of PCIEX) but looks like my laptop is not detecting my new SSD, I couldn't find information about SSD size limitation for this laptop, Crucial website shows me SSD with 1TB compatible to the system.

Someone can help me?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PauloRicardoSS 

Please use other machine and initialize it then try again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I already tested it with another laptop and with an external case.

My question is: It has a limit size for storage??? If it has looks stupid to me.

HP Recommended

I got help on Brazilian hardware.com.br community, with this manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881

Looks like for a relatively new Gaming PC it has a stupid SSD size limitation to 512GB. I will have to buy new SSD with 512GB and use this 1TB in other Laptop, what makes me even pissed is the fact that I used the same SSD on a non-gaming laptop much cheaper than this one. A really horrible mistake by HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.