Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce029nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, since some day I can't go to Steam.

I have test so many things, but nothing to do, I canno't connect steam to the server.

I have test an over internet connexion and nothing, but with an other computer it's work.

So I think there is a problem with this computer but i don't no what.

If someone know the problem.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

A lot of things can do this.

Steam isn't stuck in Offline Mode is it?

I will offer these link suggestions if you haven't done all of the options yet. You need to genuinely read the options and try them.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-eliminate-steam-network-connection-errors-4684629

Also try setting the download region to a near by country...

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5483-YUFN-0521

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have try a lot thinks but nothing work.

I don't have any idea how to fix this error, maybe i must to restor my entire computer?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Reinstalling Windows seems mighty drastic. But it wont harm anything. If you do, dont do the Windows reset function. Use the USB method and clean install it.

HP Cloud Recovery Tool (how to use) 32GB pen drive

or

Create media Windows 10  8GB pen drive and choose custom so you can manually delete all the partitions first.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks a lot for all your answers.

I have find a solution : i have deactivated all program who started when the computer started and it work!!

so after a lot of restart i have find the guilty! the omen gaming hubwith his network booster. 

I don't understand why this application blocked the steam network but if this discution can help someone so much the better.

HP Recommended

@zaubsulini 

Good job on the troubleshooting, but its also extremely odd that the network booster would be set to block Steam since the Gaming Hub is setup to work with Steam in My Games launcher.

Re-enable the Gaming Hub and go to the Network Booster.

Is the Mode set to Off (default)? If so, choose Custom.

Then go to Windows Start button and run Steam.

You should now see Steam and Steamwebhelper in the list of Apps in the Network Booster.

Make sure both are set to not-blocked on the right side with the slider buttons.

Set their Priority to High.

Try Steam... What happens?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.