Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a "HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk1xxx". It's have green keyboard backlight. There is 3 function. HIGH-LOW-OFF. But lights have a sleep time. When I away from keyboard, light turn OFF after in 15-30 seconds.
I want light always ON. when i get into bios configuration i can't found Advanced settings and get into Built-in devices to change time of Lightning of keyboard

How Can I Change The Keyboard Backlight Sleep Time? i wish u help me quickly as u can thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Touka56,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing keyboard backlight issues with the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop.

If the backlight stays on for only a few seconds, the backlight timeout setting might need configuring in the BIOS.

NOTE: Not every Notebook support this feature. If there is not a setting for the backlight timing in the BIOS, this behavior might not be supported on the notebook.

I have a few recommendations 

• Go to Accessibility (or System) > Keyboard and select your preferred time under Turn off backlight when there is no activity for (or Turn off when there is no activity for). If you select Never, the backlight will always be on after you turn it on.
  • Unfortunately it seems your Notebook does not support this feature.
  • For further settings please click this link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.