Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,  I want to limit the battery charging at 80% and I sow someone says that he find that the solution is to update the bios but I don`t know if it work on my device (HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec1xxx) or not 
and if it work what is the version should I update?

Please help me  ☹️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RayanAyman

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, it's not possible to control the charging limit of the battery. 

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@RayanAyman

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand you want to change some battery settings to limit the charge,  to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What seems to be the exact issue with your HP battery?  
  • Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?
  • Do you get any error messages on your notebook (Such as Plugged in, not charging, etc.)?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have any of these problems , the battery is working well
 I only want my battery to stop charging at 80% without un plug the charger To maintain the battery health (I have to keep the charger pugged in while I am playing to get the best performance ).

HP Recommended

@RayanAyman

HP recommends leaving Adaptive Battery Optimizer enabled to ensure that you get the maximum possible lifespan out of your battery, but it can be disabled at any time. Disabling turns off any protective measures that were implemented and immediately restores any run time that was lost. Disabling Adaptive Battery Optimizer does not affect the battery warranty in any way.

Enable or disable Adaptive Battery Optimizer:

1. Start or restart the computer.
  2. Press F10 to enter HP Computer Setup (F10 Setup).
  3. Select Configuration.
  4. Change the status to Enabled or Disabled as desired.
  5. Save the change and Exit.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for helping😊  , but I don`t want to turn off the Adaptive Battery Optimizer 
I want my battery to stop charging at 80% while it plugged in, is there a way to do it ?

HP Recommended

@RayanAyman

To get the answer to this question, it's not possible to control the charging limit of the battery. 

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you very much for helping 😊

HP Recommended

@RayanAyman

👍

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.