Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen 17 2019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tis morning I woke up and restarted computer and tried to project to TV via hdmi and wondows says it cant find the graphic card. 

Tried to install driver nvidia, I cant do it. I get an error. 

Yesterday I saw that the firmware was updating automatically of this laptop. Is it because of that?

I cant do anything now....I cant watch movies via hdmi etc.....

what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

My notebook Product number: 7DX95EA#ABD C**edited  OMEN by HP Laptop 17-cb0xxx  

HP Recommended

@fendiola To confirm did you try updating the drivers for your display adapter from the HP website? Or update the BIOS?

If not, I suggest we do: click here to update to the latest BIOS version, for details on how to update the BIOS without any issues: click here

For updates available for your graphics/display adapter: click here and install the one that applies to your device.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

there was apparently a huge bios update.....cause it looks different. 

What I did is use DDU program to completely remove nvidia driver, then I could install it again. And GPU was detected....how come other users dont experience this I dont know.....

HP Recommended

@fendiola If you feel this issue occurred after a BIOS update, try the below steps:

Click here to perform a hard reset on your device

If the issue persists, after the above steps, try the below:

1. Turn off the notebook.

2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.

3. With the notebook off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

NOTE:

On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows logo key  and the V key.

4. While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key  and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The HP BIOS Update screen displays, and the BIOS update begins automatically. This might take several minutes, and you might hear additional beeping sounds.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps. If the issue persists after repeating the steps, skip to the next step to Download a replacement BIOS file.

• If the Power light turns off, the notebook has turned off because the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds only.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.