Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0003nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When playing any game on the laptop screen - the laptop uses the amd graphics card (the graphics card of the processor), resulting in up to 10-20 frames at most!
When I connect an external lg 2K screen, then the laptop uses the nvidia rtx 2060 graphics card and the frames go at 60-70 (depending on the game).
I can not set to use the nvidia rtx 2060 graphics card as a primary card even when playing with the laptop screen.
Please help me with this issue or tell me if this is a personal system error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DimitrisLed 

You should have the Nvidia Control Panel installed. Open it.

Go to Manage 3D Settings and choose the Global Settings Tab (the image below show Program Settings tab, but you get the idea of where it is).

Set the Power management mode to Prefer Max Performance. That should stop the integrated graphics from running.

Programs Mode.JPG

Let me know if that helps.

Edit. You should be gaming with the power cord plugged in also.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DimitrisLed 

You should have the Nvidia Control Panel installed. Open it.

Go to Manage 3D Settings and choose the Global Settings Tab (the image below show Program Settings tab, but you get the idea of where it is).

Set the Power management mode to Prefer Max Performance. That should stop the integrated graphics from running.

Programs Mode.JPG

Let me know if that helps.

Edit. You should be gaming with the power cord plugged in also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.