Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 13-bd1000 (460Q2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

when I don't use the laptop for more than 3 hours it doesn't get on, but if I connect to power it gets on immediately it always happens why?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @tech14,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP ENVY X360 Convertible Laptop PC is not turning on after being idle for more than 3 hours, but it turns on immediately when connected to power, there could be several reasons for this behavior. Here are some possible explanations and solutions.

• Power settings: Your laptop might be set to a power-saving mode or sleep mode after a certain period of inactivity. When it's in this state, it requires you to press the power button to wake it up. To change this behavior, you can adjust the power settings in the Control Panel or settings menu. Look for options related to sleep or power-saving mode and increase the idle time before the laptop enters sleep mode.
  • Battery drain: If your laptop's battery is very low or drained after 3 hours of inactivity, it might not have enough power to start up when you press the power button. Plugging it into the power adapter allows it to draw power directly, which is why it turns on immediately. To avoid this, ensure your laptop is fully charged before leaving it idle for extended periods.
  • Battery health: If the laptop battery is old or faulty, it might not hold a charge properly, leading to the issue you are experiencing. You can check the battery health in the laptop's power settings or BIOS. If the battery health is poor, you may need to replace the battery.
  • Firmware or BIOS update: Outdated firmware or BIOS can cause various issues with laptop functionality. Ensure your laptop has the latest firmware and BIOS updates installed from the manufacturer's website.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.