Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was playing a game when i wanted to check my command center by pressing the omen key and when i did nothing happened. I tried opening it from the windows app screen and nothing would happen. I tried reseting the app but nothing happened so i uninstalled it and reinstalled and it worked for a day but when i turned my laptop back on the same issue was happening and when i pressed the omen key the error popped up in the title of this. Can someone please help me fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Finn02Please always post the full model or Product number when asking for help, so we know what you have first.

You can find the Product number in the HP Support Assistant.

Try these steps in the order I have them.
Uninstall what ever version of the OCC is installed now.
Go to your Start Menu and look for it there and uninstall it if it shows up.
Install these...

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

OMEN Command Center SDK sp98588.exe

Now force Windows Updates to search for updates. Go to updates and click on the Search for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date. If it already shows updates pending, let them install, then search again. If it finds any, install them and reboot the computer. Then do it again (search again until no more are found).

Go to Windows Services and scroll down to HP Omen HSA Service and make sure its set to Running - Automatic.
The Omen button may or may not open the OCC. If it does not, go to the Start Menu and see if it will open from the short cut.
If it will not open from the Start menu shortcut, right click the shortcut and choose More... Run as Administrator.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Finn02Please always post the full model or Product number when asking for help, so we know what you have first.

You can find the Product number in the HP Support Assistant.

Try these steps in the order I have them.
Uninstall what ever version of the OCC is installed now.
Go to your Start Menu and look for it there and uninstall it if it shows up.
Install these...

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

OMEN Command Center SDK sp98588.exe

Now force Windows Updates to search for updates. Go to updates and click on the Search for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date. If it already shows updates pending, let them install, then search again. If it finds any, install them and reboot the computer. Then do it again (search again until no more are found).

Go to Windows Services and scroll down to HP Omen HSA Service and make sure its set to Running - Automatic.
The Omen button may or may not open the OCC. If it does not, go to the Start Menu and see if it will open from the short cut.
If it will not open from the Start menu shortcut, right click the shortcut and choose More... Run as Administrator.

HP Recommended

thank you so much for helping with my problem everything works the way it used to be

HP Recommended

Glad I could help. Let us know if other questions come up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.