Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Elite Slice for Meeting rooms G2
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello everyone,

I hope that im on the right board, posting for the first time.

Recently Ive got HP EliteSlice for meeting rooms G2 with the optional Wireless display module and Im confused about functionality of the Wireless display module.

It works okay, I can set it up with my TV, use it with meetings (screen share etc). The thing that creates confusion is the wireless display function. If I want to share my screen using Connect to a wireless display function in Windows I can see that there is a wireless display present. Name however is Winodows-random string not Elite Slice. And when I connect to it the shared display, the shared screen is only showing on the mini touchscreen display panel and I cant figure out how to pass it to my tv. Is such action even supported? Also when connecting to the Slice using Windows Connect to a wireless display is seems that a Skype-for-business interface is unaware that someone is connecting using that method.

It is interesting because if a random person wants to share his screen and does not want to join in a Skype of Teams meeting, that is not possible (is but on a small touch sceen panel which looks ridiculous). Is there an other way how to share screen wirelesly to the Elite Slice without being in the meeting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

if I'm not wrong, the Wireless display trasmitter is connected under the Elite Slice G2 and the receiver must be connected to a display that is missing wireless display connection. so the Wireless "kit" is include to let the user conenct a display wirelessly instead of connecting a display with HDMI or DP cable. That's all

Any other use mode are out of the scope of that product.

In this scenario it's  a connection one-to-one from Slice G2 to Display via the wireless kit include in Slice G2 box.

The small panel is the Control panel used to manage the Skype for business meetings of the day: you see when there is a meeting, you can open a call , close the call , change audio power level, mute the mike and so one. typical function of Skype for business.

bye

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

if I'm not wrong, the Wireless display trasmitter is connected under the Elite Slice G2 and the receiver must be connected to a display that is missing wireless display connection. so the Wireless "kit" is include to let the user conenct a display wirelessly instead of connecting a display with HDMI or DP cable. That's all

Any other use mode are out of the scope of that product.

In this scenario it's  a connection one-to-one from Slice G2 to Display via the wireless kit include in Slice G2 box.

The small panel is the Control panel used to manage the Skype for business meetings of the day: you see when there is a meeting, you can open a call , close the call , change audio power level, mute the mike and so one. typical function of Skype for business.

bye

HP Recommended

Hello, thats correct. For some reason the wireless kit was not included with my box, however it has been resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.