06-23-2018 07:29 PM
I have had issues with connectiviicty especially when i upgraded to windows 10,but since an update from microsoft for my windows 10 i cannot connect wirelessly,I've 'jumped through' the appropriate 'rings' to no avail,i am also now getting an annoying buzzing sound accompanied by 'lagging'on music or video,i purchased another installation disc which didn't work either.....................HELP!!!!!...................Dave.
06-24-2018 05:51 PM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
MKazi is at your service.
I understand that since the time you upgraded the operating system to Win10 on your HP TouchSmart IQ500 PC, your HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer does not connect wirelessly. Secondly, you an hear buzzing sound and get lagging music/video from the PC. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.
During my research, I found that this PC originally came with Windows Vista and there are no drivers available for Win10. Due to this the PC may not be functioning correctly. This PC is a little old for Win10 to function smoothly.
As far as the printer is concerned, the printer is compatible with Win10 and the full featured drivers are available at the HP website (click here to access the drivers web page)
Let me know if you have any other computer on the network that you would like to connect the printer wirelessly.
Please feel free to reply. I'm always here to assist you.
06-24-2018 07:13 PM
Thanks MKazi for your prompt response i'm impressed will installing the drivers for Windows vista on the printer will help with windows 10 PC compatibility?......................Cheers.............................Dave.
06-25-2018 01:31 PM - edited 06-25-2018 01:31 PM
You're welcome Dave.
In case you plan to use the printer with Win10 then you need to install the printer drivers for Win10.
Please click here to download and install the printer drivers for Win10: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL43742/mp-108722-3/PS6520_1315-1.exe
NOTE: Do not plug the USB cable from the printer to the computer initially. You may first begin the installation and during the course of the installation it will prompt to connect the printer. And that is when the printer needs to be connected via USB to the computer and continue with the installation.
Hope this helps. Keep me posted.
All the best! :)
06-26-2018 05:44 PM
Thanks for letting me know the results.
Do you receive any error message when trying to install?
Let us attempt to uninstall any existing printer drivers form the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Click here to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.
All the best! :)
07-03-2018 03:24 PM
Glad to hear from you.
I understand that reinstalling Windows 10 and hope that has taken care of the issue and hope it remains that way.
Feel free to keep me posted for any assistance in the future. It is an honor to share this platform with you.
Happy printing! :)