Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I need help-- tried restoring the backup files I did through HP Recovery Manager and is stops and an error pops up. HP Recovery Manager Failed. Error code = FFFFFF15

HELP.
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bokyboky, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are trying to restore the files using HP recovery manager but you are getting error FFFFFF15 on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Did you use recovery manager to back up the files?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

It looks like the data backup was not successful due to which you are unable to restore the files.

Try few steps recommended below.

a Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
b. At the command prompt, type Chkdsk /f, and then press ENTER. 
c. Press Y when you are prompted to check the disk next time that the system restarts. 
d. Close all applications, and then restart the computer. Note During the restart process, Windows checks the disk for errors and then starts.
e. After the computer has restarted, try to restore from recovery manager.

Also, try running system diagnostics on your PC and check if the hardware on your laptop is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have tried the mentioned solution and still, the error remains to pop up.

I had to back up my files because I mistakenly restarted the laptop during a windows 10 update, which caused a problem.

I had to back up my files and then factory reset the laptop and then reinstall windows 10.

After that, i tried to restore my backed up files and wasn't able to.

May you suggest another solution,

my laptop product model is J3R20RA#A2N

HP Recommended

It's been TWO months with no suggestions.

Within this forum, search for "FFFFFF15".

There are 18 other threads that mention this search-term.

Good luck!

HP Recommended
How to solve the problem?
HP Recommended
My lap top model L11S6Y01 (3INR19/65-2)
HP Recommended

My laptop model L11S6Y01 (3INR19/65-2)

Note that 'L11S6Y01' is the part-number for a LENOVO battery, not an HP battery.

HP Recommended
Yes..my laptop is lenovo
HP Recommended

I was getting same code. I saw that my C:/drive space was very limited (must have happened during Windows 10 partitioning). I increased the space on my C:/drive and Restore worked. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Before asking for credit for solving the problem, you should at LEAST solve the problem.

Your answer was completely useless.  How about telling us what the code means.

My HP Envy was working fine until MS decided to "Update" my OS.  Now I have a $2000 doorstop, and an HP employee that apparently can't answer the simple question "What is error code FFFFFF15?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.