Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I want to set up my HP Envy 4500 Wireless printer but, don't know how to that from my Apple IPad Air tablet, PLEASE help !!!
Thanks
20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

If you turn the wireless function on the printer on and select the print option for whatever it is you want to print, you should then be able to select the Envy printer  (from a list if there is more than one wireless printer around) and print to it via the Ipad's inbuilt Air print app.

For example, on IOS7 when selecting a photo to print, the options Icon should look like this:

Options Icon.JPG

When you click the options Icon you should then be able to select the print Icon below:

Print Icon.JPG

You should then be in a position to select your printer. If the wi-fi function is on, then it should be visible.

Printer Select.PNG

This link might also be useful: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Trying to connect I pad to hp envy 4500
HP Recommended

Hi Capecodsusie,

You can follow the same direction in the post above for connecting to your iPad to print using the inbuilt Airprint functionality.

Alternatively, you can use the HP e-Print app which you will need to download from the app store. Here's a link to directions on setting up e-print for your iPad:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-topics/mobile-printing/how-to-print-mobile-devices-ipad-iphone.html...

"

HP Recommended
Set up the envy4500 last fall. Was working fine printing from our I pad and mini ipad. Stopped working afew days ago so I tried fixing it. Ends up it doesn't work now on either the I pad or mini I pad! The wifi is on, it shows up on wifi settings, copy's fine,...what happened?
HP Recommended

Blueberrymac 

If there was any chance to your wifi setup, you'll need to re-establish the connection to both your printer and devices. To do this you'll need to confirm that all of your devices and printer are still connected to the same wifi network.

"

HP Recommended
How do I set up my I-pad2 so that I can print on an HP officejet 4500
HP Recommended

Hi,

You'll find some setup instructions here for mobile printing to your iPad.

"

HP Recommended
Value?
HP Recommended

Have you been able to print from your iPad2?

This page may be of some help with your setup.

"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.