Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5644
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the past few weeks I have been unable to print from pdf files There is no error message. Pressing the 'Print' button just gets no reaction. This applises to both pdfs attached to emails and pdfs saved on the laptop. I have checked for updates from Adobe and HP and have downloaded a new driver. I have no problems with Word or Powerpoint; it just seems to apply to pdfs.

Any suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Furter to my previous post, I managed to access Adobe Reader DC through the old Windows 7 Control Panel and uninstalled and reinstalled it as you suggested and this has done the trick - I can now print Pdfs again!
Very many thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Remove Acrobat Reader from your system totally.

Now go to the Adobe web page and download and install Acrobat Reader DC.  Now try.

HP Recommended

Thank you but sadly this did not work as when I tried to Uninstall Adobe DC I got a message saying 'Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions'. As far as I know though I am running my laptop as Administrator.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Furter to my previous post, I managed to access Adobe Reader DC through the old Windows 7 Control Panel and uninstalled and reinstalled it as you suggested and this has done the trick - I can now print Pdfs again!
Very many thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey. Try to open the file in PDF Free Filler, and then go to the options tab and select the print.

HP Recommended

If I get you clear, you have tried to do so via Acrobat only? So, glad that the issue has been sorted out by itself, but you might well consider to try out other relative tools when such issues happen (and they will happen again). There is a plenty of alternatives to replace Adobe Acrobat so far, I use this one, as an example https://w9.pdffiller.com It's an online-only application, so I guess it wouldn't suit to everyone's needs, but nevertheless, it's cheap and works nice

HP Recommended

Do I have to pay for this?  Also, I an not familiar with the term drag and drop.

HP Recommended

Try Softaken PDF Champ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.