06-13-2019 06:58 PM
Trying to print from Mac book to HP Envy 7640 but get error message that printer is in use. I have tried deleting and re-installing, unplugging printer, resetting printer, using a USB cord, etc.. Nothing works. Please advise how to fix this problem. thank you.
06-16-2019 07:53 AM - edited 06-16-2019 07:54 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- Have you tried printing different types of documents and check if the error persists?
- Do you have any Anti-virus software installed on your MAC?
- Check if there are any print jobs stuck in the queue. Go to System Preferences > Printers > Choose your printer > Open Print Queue > Delete all
Step 1: Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Step 2: Update the software on your MAC
Click here to know how.
Try to print. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Reset the network settings and Re-connect the printer
From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .
Touch the Setup icon .
Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.
After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
The printer searches for available networks.
Touch the name of your wireless network.
Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.
If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.
Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.
Step 4: Re-install the printer on MAC using AirPrint driver.
- Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
- If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.
- Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
- Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
- Try to print.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee