Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer

When I attempt to connect to instant ink I get a message that my printer is already connect to another account. I don't have another account, its never been connect to instant ink before. The printer won't print without being connect. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Bvestal,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're encountering an issue where your HP OfficeJet 3830 is showing that it's already connected to another Instant Ink account, but you haven't connected it before, there are a few steps you can take to resolve the issue.

Check for Existing Accounts:

• Ensure that you don't have multiple HP accounts, and double-check that you're using the correct account credentials.
  • If you have purchased the printer secondhand, it's possible that the previous owner had it registered. In such cases, contact HP support for assistance.

Reset the Printer:

• Try resetting your printer to its factory settings. This can often be done through the printer's menu or settings. Refer to the user manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

Update Firmware:

• Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. Sometimes, updating the firmware can resolve compatibility issues and glitches. Check the HP website for firmware updates specific to your printer model.

Uninstall and Reinstall HP Smart App:

• If you are using the HP Smart app to connect to Instant Ink, uninstall the app and reinstall it. During the reinstall, make sure you are signed in with the correct credentials.

Manual Connection:

• If you are unable to resolve the issue through the app, you can try manually connecting the printer to Instant Ink through the HP Instant Ink website. Log in to your HP account on the Instant Ink website and add your printer manually.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.