Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I have the same problem but no spare cartridge.

What to do now?

Greetings from a frustrated Dutch guy

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem on my HP DeskJet 3721 All-in-One Printer. None of the troubleshooting helps work.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

HP Recommended

HP 3755 same thing happened - the printer just stopped, started blinking, saying the cartridge error message. Cartridge is mostly full - cleaned it, followed carriage and cartridge cleaning instructions - all to no avail.  BUT when I reinstalled the updated software, it worked fine; UNTIL I shut it off. When I turned it back on it had the same error message. I needed printing done like, now. So, not having spare instant ink replacements, I went out and bought a tri-color cartridge. It works now. but I'm ticked that I had to spend the extra money simply because of a software - hardware inconsistency. I should be able to print at least in grey scale when I need something printed without having to go online and or wait to learn another code-resetting sequence that will take an hour. 

HP Recommended

Hi I went through all the same procedures myself but nothing cured my flashing colour cartridge light, the cartridge was full having only printed a few pages so, I took it out and the printer would then print in black ink where as nothing was printing before at all. Within a couple of days I received my replacement colour cartridge, fitting cured things and printing was back to normal.

Don't understand why trouble shooter didn't pick up on faulty cartridge or let me print in black without removing the colour cartridge.

The hardest point of this was trying to find a link on the "HP instant ink site" to order a new cartridge as it will not send a replacement whilst its not working correctly.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem! I have tried everything HP has supplied. I am on the hp ink program and this is ridiculous. I need this printer to work for my job! Very frustrated!

HP Recommended

Where did you find the link to get a replacement cartridge? 

HP Recommended

Hi, 

cleaning the printer heads and the cartridge contacts with a soft lint free cloth can solve the problem.

update software and or firmware via the HP site may work as these are updated often, check you have the latest updates.

failing those HP Support Assistant is the next shot at fixing it.

if nothing works well its probably best to take it to a service professional.

HP Recommended

Hi

If you are a member of HP INSTANT INK try  hpinstantink.com 

I requested a replacement after trying all the recommended fixes via HP Support Assistant app failed to fix my flashing colour light on my printer.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm getting an error on my HP Envy 6234 about the black ink cartridge. I've cleaned it, reinserted and even replaced it but the printer just won't print.

"Remove and reinstall indicated cartridge" but it's not actually showing me which one. The colour cartridge shows it has ink but the black cartridge isn't showing up at all in the app.

Really annoyed as it was working fine until just after my warranty period when it started to be temperamental and now it's just but working.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@SteveMcNeill, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would recommend you follow the steps from the  Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues to resolve the issue. If you have additional ink, replace and check if that helps!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.