Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been an Instant Ink customer for a few years. I teach college Art classes and use alot of handouts. I usually am good about keeping up with my automatic services, but health issues have become my priority.

At some point, I needed to print 25+ copies of a 24  page document by 8:00am the following morning and realized that I was out of ink for both printers with Instant Ink accounts.

I went  to the store and purchased ink. From that time on, even though copies were being counted, (so my printers were being monitored by hp), I was charged the monthly services and even charged for going over my 300 page limit. However, for 18 months, I did not receive any shipments of ink for either printer. All added up, I paid hp Instant Ink over $300 for nothing. I realize that I probably sound really out of it to not have caught this sooner, but my health/diagnosis is not good and between treatments and coping, I was trying to keep my head above water and be sucessful in my teaching.

I will echo the main complaint that I have heard from others, the whole idea behind the Instant Ink Service is to not have to worry about ink levels and to never be caught without ink. But I was caught and it made me feel like I just couldn't rely on their service. I believe that hp should refund my money since they did not provide the service that they describe. I GOT NOTHING FOR MORE THAN A YEAR and yet, hp kept drawing money from my credit card.

Is there no monitoring system that triggers a glitch- they are tallying your pages printed, no one noticed that I really should have been needing ink?

So, I innitiated a verbal complaint in January. Submitted a written letter of complaint. And have repeated both. I was offered a refund for two months, one printer. That's $19.98. Not acceptable. How do I present my case to someone other than a random customer service representative who is relaying my information to their "supervisor"?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cristuna7, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.