Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I have managed to install the black instant ink with no problems, unlike the colour cartridge. This indicates that the colour cartridge was faulty, there is nothing wrong with my set up. However to continue with a subscription to Instant Ink, I would still need the colour one replaced. I'm currently using one I bought in the normal way. The only support attempts I have been able to progress with is on here. NONE of the other support options get any response or result. I think it's very unethical that you can't get direct support for a faulty product. I like HP printers but I don't like the company. Canon next time I think!

HP Recommended

AMC1971 Yes, that's how I feel. They can do anything once you give them your printer details in a private  message. I wish I had never tried Instant Ink.

HP Recommended

I couldn't get anyone one the phone. I was told to install What's App on my phone and contact them that way, but no one got back to me!

HP Recommended

Yes they are very good at that, I even said in a post that we were going around in circles! Well I have finally been promised a new colour cartridge, as I managed to get the black one working with no issues so I am now 'connected' What remains to be seen is whether the new colour one will connect or if it will give me the same error messages. Why do you have to pay another month when you've cancelled?

HP Recommended

That's what I'm wondering. If I'm canceling and it's like 4 days from the date my plan starts, pro rate it. I have been unable to use my printer and when I could,  it gets connected then it gets disconnected and EVERY TIME AT LEAST 10-15 TIMES A WEEK, it prints out the same exact information about my connection and whatever other bs.  I've ALWAYS had that problem getting knocked off, which I'm not happy about. Do the math....thats anywhere from 40-75 pages a month on nonsense  (not to mention the paper I'm forced to waste). I'm so over HP all around. Now I just got the black cartridge and it's brand new and it's still saying it can't communicate.  My printer's not even a year old. I'm stuck paying another month, but at least I lowered my plan since I don't even have access to my printer at all. The worst is when they tell you to open up a ticket thing and then you go on there and sign in and then you have a live chat person supposedly and right when you're getting somewhere, it seems like you get disconnected. They ask you if you are still there and you can't respond to them and then they tell you you have to restart over again. I troubleshot every possible way I can't tell you how many times and then I went online with YouTube and they tell you how there might be a lock on it or if one Instant Ink is damaged, it senses to let the other cartridge become unusable too. Says I can override and use one cartridge which is a total lie. I don't know if that's because HP has 100% over the use of your printer or you might have to restart it or reset it and then when you do the ENTIRE PROCESS and it finds your computer then you can't install because you can't get online again...I could go on! It's a hoax. I'm so done!  I am so sick of unplugging my computer, plugging it in, unplugging my printer, waiting 60 seconds, then unplugging it from this end then do the other end, running downstairs to the router, running up within seconds...I'm so done with them! 

HP Recommended

this id nightmare, the pc don t recognize the printer it s set on 3030 when the name of the printer is 3036 but when i set it on 3036  it just answer that it don t exist, when was the time that printer was connect with a wire , a plug whatever you call it and that was it, why everything got to be wireless, soon we ll have baby s cordonless well never mind, i scan my thing at work and junk that piece of c.... hp

HP Recommended

I have an HP envy 5030. But that isn't recognised, only the series 5000 is recognised. So it has to be connected as 5030, like yours wanting to be 3000 rather than 3030. Those numbers Iam quoting from memory so might be wrong, but that's the general idea.

HP Recommended

Had it ready to print after they finally sent me a new black ink cartridge along with a color one I heard it's because they have the power to disable the cartridges if one is bad or something like that. As soon as it made me sign in, black cartridge started blinking again, showed that it went from a full cartridge to completely empty, knocked me off line so I couldn't do a single thing again. Outcome had to spend $275 on a new printer while I'm still forced to finish out a month I tried to already cancel. To boot, the cartridges that came with (yes, I'm a glutton) the HP Envy ARE INSTANT INK which I never read in the description. They ask me 10 times if I want to get 4 months free, up to 700 pages (they don't tell you AT LEAST a quarter of them are the ones they send you ever time they knock you offline) I can cancel whenever no obligation, like an idiot I ALMOST fell for it so after hitting yes it says I can replace my old printer that is coming up and they will delete my old one and I can just pick up where I am or I can ADD ANOTHER PRINTER and have to pay for the additional one. So I guess that double screws me with the 4 months free I get with purchasing A NEW PRINTER. I'm so happy though...I'll buy my own ink. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.