Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5030 All-in-One Printer

I have this issue with my very first cartridge .First it told me to take off the plastic which I had already done. Then when I tried again after doing troubleshooting with chat I got the message I was in single cartridge mode, and then that the cartridge wasn't communicating with the printer. It seems to me that the cartridge is incompatible with  my Envy 5030 although I was told it was. I want a refund or replacement but cannot find a way to contact HP properly unless I used What's App. I reluctantly installed it but am not convinced I will get a response. Does anyone know a way just to ring and see what they can do to fix the problem? I'm unsubscribing if there isn't a way. At least I haven't paid anything, but I really want to print in colour.

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

@Moreta, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Make sure the ink cartridges are properly inserted in the printer, you may refer to - Replace HP inkjet printer cartridges

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Ink cartridge error

If the issue persists, to assist you better, I would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've replied to your message, with all the details you requested but not received an answer yet. I had done everything suggested in the document before I posted here.

HP Recommended

@Moreta

I see that the printer is not connected to the internet. The printer has to be connected for Instant Ink to work and send you replacement inks.

Restart the router and the printer.

Go to your Instant Ink account and check the details. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's very strange that the printer is suddenly not connected because it was definitely connected when I tried to install the new cartridge. And it along with the router was restarted several times when I was going through troubleshooting. So I don't believe the problem was caused by being disconnected as that came afterwards. 

I will obviously now have to reset the printer and get it connected again. 

But I am certain the ink cartridge is the problem as I have explained.

Why would my printer suddenly disconnect from the internet anyway?

HP Recommended

@Moreta

Thank you for the information. The color ink cartridge installed in the printer, is an Instant Ink cartridge?

Instant Ink server is not able to contact the printer.

Restart the router and the printer.

Make sure the printer is connected to the internet.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We are going around in cirlcles here. of course it's instant ink, why would I be on this forum otherwise? I have done EVERYTHING possible. The cartridge is faulty, it doesn't communicate with the printer, I am still getting that message after everything, including setting up my printer again to connect to the internet. Even though it was already connected.The router and printer have been rstarted many times. The cartridge will end up damaged if it gets taken out and cleaned again.  I need the colour cartridge replaced asap as I need to be able to print. And I refuse to possibly waste a cartridge by seeing if the black one you sent works. My current one is still printing fine. PLEASE just send another cartridge! 

HP Recommended

it isn't anything to do with the colour settings, it's the cartridge itself. But thanks for responding.

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding Johanna 18 but the issue isn't to do with printing preferences, it's a faulty cartridge not communicating with the printer. 

HP Recommended

@Moreta

The printer is not connected to the Instant Ink server. Hence, I'm not able to send you a replacement ink cartridge.

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to resolve this issue.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.