Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We were way overcharged for print use this past month.  Charged for 40 additional pages!!!  At most we printed 10-15 pages.  This has never happened before and we are at a loss as to what is going on.  As HP customer service is all automated it is impossible to contact them for a refund and to find out what was going on.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi@nhow,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are looking for a refund and trying to contact HP support. I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the refund options.

Click on this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have been unable to contact support by phone or online. 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue. I've been charged £10 last month even though I have only printed 22 paged. I tried clicking on the link given in this thread and it takes you to the virtual agent which then takes you to the community support section (here). HP have the perfect scam going where you can't contact them for a refund or speak to someone about billing. 

HP Recommended

I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one having this problem although I'm sorry that you are being ripped off too.  I hope the solution isn't to ditch HP as the printer works well but this dishonesty is completely unacceptable. 

HP Recommended

I managed to find a number on the HP website and was able to speak with someone how sorted the problem for me. The website link is https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/faq.aspx?p=technical-support#useful-links. I went through the options and selected ‘other support’, ‘printing’ and ‘Instant Ink’. I hope you managed to get your issue sorted too.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion.  My problem with calling HP is that this phone number is not free.  If I am charged for a call on top of being overcharged for printing I end up paying even more.  If HP really cared about their customers they would provide both email contact and a free phone number. 

HP Recommended

The number that I found was free (at least for me, I am in the UK). The number was 020 7660 0596. 

HP Recommended

Numbers beginning with 020 are not free to call in the UK. Only free if someone has free minutes in their contract or provided by the tariff.

Our contract does not provide free calls to 020 numbers

HP Recommended

HP really need to take their customers more seriously.  Although the instant ink programme is a good idea, robotic "customer service" is not.  No company can take customer loyalty for granted.  There's still competition for our business.  And reviews on Trustpilot are read.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.