Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Yes, they have responded. If you click on the link at the top of the page it would take you the main article.
Here's a direct link - you may need to scroll down to see the update!

https://www.theregister.com/2022/01/27/instant_ump_hps_subscription_ink/

HP Recommended

I've not seen any response from HP at all. I live in hope that this has got through to the CEO, I await his feedback. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

I posted to this forum thread a few days ago. I can still see it in my post history, but the message seems to have disappeared from the actual main forum thread. My original post is here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Instant-Ink/Re-Price-increase-of-HP-Instant-Ink/m-p/8286892 

Can anyone tell me why my post does not appear in the forum thread ?

thanks

HP Recommended

I have now sent emails to the CEO of HP and the MD in the UK and not had any response from them but I do live in hope. 

I have also sent a message to Martin Lewis news Team, if someone can help I really hope its them.

HP Recommended

I had already sent a message to Martin Lewis news team. If they see more people writing, it may gain more attention 🙂
As it's already hit The Register, it's more likely that another media outlet will pick up on the story.

HP Recommended

Excellent.  Thanks for your support. If anyone can sort something out Martin can. 

HP Recommended

I have just had a call with HP, they have confirmed that you can use compatible inks with your printer, when your contract ends using instant ink. 

HP Recommended

That is good news, but I think that printer repairs under warranty would be charged as their advise is only use HP ink.🤔🙄

HP Recommended

I used clone cartridges on my Canon, the results were pretty average, I'm sticking to the real ones - I mean compatible cartridges would have been significantly cheaper than Instant at the old price unless you were doing 50 A4 photos a month.

HP Recommended

Hmm. I thought that when you signed up you had to use HP original  ink, even if you cancelled the instant ink subscription.
Not disputing that's what you were told. But it's not unknown to get different advice.Wonder if it depends on when you signed up?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.