Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9019e All-in-One Printer

I am so frustrated with the Instant Ink programme. I signed up for the convenience but I highly recommend just saving yourself from being trapped in a money pit and just ordering as and when needed.

I have FIVE WHOLE FULL AND UNOPENED BOXES OF INK and keep receiving more

"Suspend your shipment to use up the excess then!" I hear you suggest... I have tried this and my printer delightfully informed me that it cannot use ink received via Instant Ink without an active subscription.

So, I then disconnected the bugger from the internet to try that as a workaround and it then announced it would not be able to use ink received via the Instant Ink subscription service without an active internet connection.

I am incredibly frustrated not only for my own financial wastage here. If anyone has any advice at all on how I can use up my excess please do enlighten me. It seems to me so far that HP deliberately send an outrageous excess of ink and keep taking your money to maximise their profits at no benefit to you - not what I was told I was signing up for and therefore, a scam.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @kvlr,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

To get the answer to this question, we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.
I would request you to reach out to our phone support.

I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers who should be able to sort this out. 

For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.