Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520
Chrome OS

My chrome book has a red flag on the print symbol: HP ENVY 4520 no longer supported after December. The printer is working. I tried to update software, but got a message that software update for this printer is not available. The chrome book messages seem to indicate that there is a problem with cloud printing. What does that mean? Will my printer stop working in December? What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@1rick I have an update from the R&D team on this concern as quite a few customer's have encountered this issue:

• This email/notification was sent in bulk to all instant ink & cloud printing customers and It was an auto-generated message.
    • If the printer firmware is up to date, the printer will not be affected, in anyway.

There's nothing to worry about, just ignore that mail / notification.

And let me know if you need anything else.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Spoiler

Is there a link to how to update firm ware for this device HP ENVY 4520?

HP Recommended

@Paul4520

You can download the Firmware from this Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/en4520_2023B/EN4520_2023B.exe but you will need a Windows PC

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.