Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4652 All-in-One Printer

I have a HP4652 printer.  Changed the ink in both black and color two days ago  All I get is cartridges are not compatible with printer. After two days spent going through all the steps multiple times nothing is working.  Very stressed with this problem. I feel there should be someone to talk to the help with this problem.  Now today Instaink can't connect to the printer. And again no one to help.  I an visually impaired so reading instructions is a great challenge.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @THYME2000 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand the trouble you're experiencing with your HP OfficeJet 4652 printer. Let's see if we can troubleshoot the issue.

• Confirm Cartridge Compatibility: Ensure that the cartridges you installed are indeed compatible with your HP OfficeJet 4652 printer. Sometimes, cartridges from different models might look similar but are not compatible.
  • Clean Cartridge Contacts: Remove the cartridges from the printer and gently clean the contacts on both the cartridges and inside the printer with a lint-free cloth or cotton swab lightly dampened with distilled water. Make sure they are dry before reinserting them into the printer.
  • Reset Printer: Turn off your printer, unplug it from the power source, and wait for a couple of minutes. Then plug it back in and turn it on. This can sometimes reset the printer and resolve compatibility issues.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Make sure your printer's firmware is up to date. You can usually check for firmware updates through the printer's settings menu Update the firmware on an HP printer

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet 4652 All-in-One Printer user manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.