Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
RGS 7.4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I'm facing issues on several RGS-machines: No remote clipboard content is transferred to local machine where receiver (v7.5) runs. Despite activated in Settings.

So the servers usually have 7.4 installed, while the receiver was recently brought to 7.5 

Still, I'm not seeing any improvements: At least have of the RGS-machines would not allow to use remote clipboard.

Any hints?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

Out of curiosity, were you using RDP at all before connecting with RGS?  Is it possible for you to upgrade one of your servers to RGS 7.5 or 7.5.1 and see if the issue is resolved?  I see you mention Windows 7 64 bit.  Are you using that on both sender and receiver?  On the receiver, RGS 7.5 or 7.5.1?

Thanks!

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, no RDP involved here. I believe the nodes are RGS only.

64bits in both ends. Receiver is 7.5.1

By coincidence I got help from a knowledgable IT person here, so it looks like the Sender installation was done without activating the remote clipboard. Not following instructions apparently.

(While on the Linux nodes this would be active per default).

I believe they are going to drop RGS for coming Windows 10 machines and use something else...

HP Recommended

If you are doing a command line installation, you may have to include that but I would need to check.  However, if you are doing a default installation using the executable, it is automatically enabled.  I just checked mine and it is enabled.  RGS 7.6 is scheduled to release in December.  We have done more improvements which include performance enhancement for Windows.  Sorry to hear you will be looking for a different solution for your Windows environment.  Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

What is the suggested fix for when the  clipboard breaks mid-use? Restart a specific service? Reboot the remote computer?

To be clear, the clipboard between the remote and local computer "breaks." The local clipboard still works locally and the remote clipboard still works on the remote computer, but it does not work between the two. (This is primarily for text being copied/pasted).

HP Recommended
What version are you using for sender and receiver when this happens? What OS is on the sender and receiver (version/build). RGS 7.6.1 is the most current versions out there. What are you using to copy/paste when the clipboard breaks mid use? Just want to see if I can reproduce. We have not had anyone report issues with RGS 7.6.1 and the clipboard.
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
(Local computer) Receiver 7.5.1 on Windows 10 (Remote computer) Sender 7.5.1.18 on Windows Server 2012 R2 No the copy/paste is broken on login. Then, after connecting using RDP (remote desktop protocol / Remote Desktop Connection), the copy/paste works again. After the remote computer is rebooted, the issue may reappear (upon login) or not reappear. More testing is ongoing. Currently, the issue occurs only on specific computers. Maybe it is user profile related too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.