Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlie1vins Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen will only work during a system test.

hp 15-f387wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchscreen stopped working after my harddrive became corrupted and I had to get a new one with a fresh install of Windows 10. I've tried every solution I can find online such as going into the device manager and revealing hidden items then scanning for hardware changes. The HID Compliant touchscreen driver is completely missing and none of the fixes to get it to reinstall have worked.  I just did another factory reset and it still only works in the UEFI tool.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,640 8,483 323 389
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen will only work during a system test.

@Charlie1vins
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).
If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please update the BIOS & Chipset drivers from Here

The touchscreen test can be reached by following the below steps: If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service.

NOTE: If the touchscreen test option is still absent then please download and install the HP UEFI Hardware Diagnostics menu via this link. The laptop needs to be restarted once the installation is complete. Then you may once again try to run the hardware tests.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation