Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-01-2020 08:01 AM
my key board is blinking orange myorange when i turn it of and on my keyboard blinks orange when i type than my mouse works but my keyboard doesn't.i have changed the batteries out rebooted and than it works. My drivers are the latest for my mouse and keyboard.
01-03-2020 12:06 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.
- What is the exact model for your computer?
- What is the exact issue you are facing?
- Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-03-2020 12:29 PM - edited 01-03-2020 12:31 PM
HP Pavilion All In One 24 r0xx
Issue is that when I type the caps lock flashes orange and then it quits typing and I have to shut down my computer to get my keyboard to work again. My mouse works the whole time btw.
No I have made no changes. I just don't understand why this is an issue all of a sudden.
01-03-2020 03:08 PM
Thank you for the information.
I recommend you uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and then restart the computer and check whether the issue is resolved.
Here is how it is done.
- Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
- Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
- On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
- When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.
NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
01-22-2020 05:27 AM
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Click on the Hardware and Sound section.
3. Click on Devices and Printers subsection.
4. Disconnect the keyboard and mouse.
5. Refresh the connection.
6. Connect the keyboard and mouse
7. Again try detect the devices.
I hope this helps!