Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Mac Air
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have just purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse to use on with my Macbook air. The control c and v buttons aren't working. Can anyone help with sorting this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

Would an Apple forum be more appropriate?

HP Recommended

I have no idea.   I came here because it is an HP product but couldn't even work out which forum to go in.  Everything else seems to be working between the keyboard and the laptop. The Control function works for everything else. 

I've googled and am only getting turn off and start again options which I have tried.

HP Recommended

Hi

I guessed it was a HP product, even though you don't happen to mention it.

AND without knowing the product how can we help?

Some keys on some Apple keyboards have special symbols and functions. If these functions aren't available on your keyboard, you might be able to reproduce some of them by creating your own keyboard shortcuts. To use these keys as F1, F2, F3, or other standard function keys, combine them with the Fn key.

Cut, copy, paste, and other common shortcuts
  • Command-X: Cut the selected item and copy it to the Clipboard.
  • Command-C: Copy the selected item to the Clipboard. This also works for files in the Finder.

So work out which is the COMMAND key equivalent.

Could be this....

Here are the five most commonly used special keys on a Mac and their Windows keyboard equivalents.

Mac Key

Windows Key

Control

Ctrl

Option

Alt

Command (cloverleaf)

Windows

Delete

Backspace

Return

Enter

HP Recommended

Oh dear..that was a major oversight on my part not to say it was an HP keyboard. Sorry!!

Thanks for the thoughts you've given me. From what you said I realised that on the apple it's command cand v so that may well be the problem. I'll see what I can sort out from that. 

Thanks for bearing with me 🙂

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.